NeoStrata Free Shipping & 3 Samples on orders $75+

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Female Celebrities Living With Diabetes


Diabetes has become a serious disease in everywhere. Numbers of people who suffer diabetes are increasing from kids to adults. If you had diabetes and didn’t get appropriate medical treatment, the complication of this disease could be occur to the eyes, heart, kidneys, nerves, or the possibility of amputation action. Thus, it makes diabetes become a very serious disease or the silent killer.
Moreover, there are 3 types of diabetes, namely:


1.Type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is also called Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM) or juvenile-onset diabetes. It happens because pancreas can not make insulin.
2.Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is also called non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus or adult-onset diabetes. It happens because your body can’t recognize insulin that is secreted by pancreas.
3.Gestational diabetes
Gestational diabetes is insulin resistances that happen in the later stages of pregnancy.

Though you have diabetes in your body, it doesn’t mean you have to stop your activities. In fact, there are some female celebrities who suffer this disease, but they very productive and get many achievement. Here I’ll show you 5 female celebrities with diabetes.

Halle Berry

Halle Berry- Type 2 Diabetes
She said to the UK’s Daily Mail that “Diabetes turned out to be a gift. It gave me strength and toughness because I had to face reality, no matter how uncomfortable or painful it was”.

jean smart

Jean Smart - Diabetes Type 1
“When I’m working I do mention my diabetes to the director and or stage manager. I let them know that if I say, ‘I need a Coke or some OJ”.

Mary Tyler Moore

Mary Tyler Moore – Diabetes Type 1

Patti LaBelle

Patti LaBelle
This great singer told to People Magazine in 2008, “I live the right way. I wear fierce clothes. God has blessed me. Everything I do now, I do it proud. I am a diabetic!"

Salma Hayek

Salma Hayek - Gestational Diabetes
On American Baby magazine, Hayek stated that “I got gestational diabetes, which I didn’t realize at first. It occurs in women who have high blood sugar levels during pregnancy. I didn’t know whether I was feeling bad because I was pregnant or whether something was seriously wrong. I was nauseated for nine months, which can be one of the symptoms.”


SHARE THIS PAGE



Gemvara


© 2009 - 2011 Octoviana Blog
No part of this web site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without prior permission of the Website Owner.
website content protection


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger
TopOfBlogs